22 June, 2011
So what exactly IS on the DVD?
- A nod to Canadian film royalty.
- One featuring Craig and I having a lot of fun talking about the process of making the film.
- One hosted by our star, David Nykl, featuring a discussion with the Science Advisor on The Beast of Bottomless Lake, Stan Orchard (who was one of several scientists involved as experts in one of the most famous Ogopogo sightings, "The Chaplin Film.") and Daniel Loxton, editor of Jr. Skeptic Magazine and a big fan of cryptozoology. They discuss the history of Ogopogo sightings and other cryptozoological oddities, the relationship between ambition and science, the role of pseudo-science in society and of course just how accurate (and innaccurate) the science in Beast is.
Three 'making of' featurettes:
- One highlighting the course of one entire day on the set of The Beast of Bottomless Lake.
- One showing the highlights and hi-jinx from over 24 hours of behind the scenes footage that was shot during the filming of the movie.
- One that is guaranteed to be the highlight of the bonus features. I can't even say much about it, as to tell anything not only spoils one of the great moments in the film, but also ruins the surprise of one of the most ironic things that could have (and did) happen to us while we were filming on Okanagan Lake. If you've been to a Q&A session with us you may have heard about this. Otherwise get ready for some great footage of the best behind the scenes story we have about making The Beast of Bottomless Lake.
There will be other additional behind the scenes footage released on YouTube in the coming months, but the best will always only be available on the DVD. The purchasing page is now live. So go order your copy today.